Kbcols Sciences PVT LTD
Microbial colorants: An alternative to waste generating & water polluting synthetic colors
KBCols Sciences is a technology driven startup in the field of Bioprocess Technology working on industrially important pigments and bioactive compounds. They are currently focused on demonstrating proof of concept for an environment friendly, novel color extraction and dyeing process for producing and applying six microbe-derived colors to three types of fabric (cotton, silk, and wool).
The company is founded and run by Dr. Vaishali M. Kulkarni and ably assisted by Dr. Arjun Singh Bajwa (Alumni of ICT Mumbai).
- BEST ABLE 2015
- First Prize in Social Innovation category at startup India yatra (2018)
- KBCOLS Technology Business proposal on“Microbial colorants”secured first position in Axis moves 2017
- Won the Gold medal at DST-Lockheed Martin India Innovation Growth programme (IIGP) (2016)
- Recipient of Fair and Lovely Women’s Fellow ship (2016)
- KBCOLS sciences Pvt Ltd-first prize winner at National Bio entrepreneurship competition 2018 (@018)