Tips and Pointers to apply for big
Key screening parameters:
- Project must have “proof-of-concept” nature.
- Novelty in the proposed work or it should address unmet need in the country.
- Technical feasibility/ do-ability.
- Any IP barriers? FTO?
- In recent BIG Rounds, clarity of business model is being emphasized.
- Clear indication of PI’s commitment to commercialization.
- A credible and complete team; Include people in the team who have realistic understanding of the need, for example clinicians.
- Goals (proof of concept) achievable in 18 months.
- Achievable in proposed budget (equal to or less than Rs 50 lakhs).